Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Inside The Maxi Sys

2395 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-31 05:13:30

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-03-24 11:21:29
    MS 908 has been out for a year and a half , and quite a few are going out of warranty and free update periods running out. unlike a DS 708 you can create a backup SD card to keep in the event data gets corrupted or lost you can slip in the card. With MS 908 data corrupted, you be forced to pay $900-$1200 to update  to get fresh data, but what if the SSD itself  is failing?Unlike a laptop PC with a combo drive , you can't just make data backup disks.
       Is there any links to videos or tutorials for taking a MS908 apart , removing the drive and saving a backup image on a PC or putting on a larger SSD? Is the 2 GB of ram removable and upgradeable, or are these things put together by robots  and components inside bonded into a block of  shock absorbing  C4 like Old Ford Ignition Control Modules, LMFAO. Just curious . I saw a guy demonstrating how ruggedly built the thing was my dropping one, so I have a feeling everything inside one might be non serviceable and encased in a block of Industrial heat and shock absorbing gel.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-03-24 15:10:50 (Reply to:witsend)

You actually can make a backup onto another pc . You just have to plug into a pc and set it up a usb drive and then copy the internal drive. As for the inside there really is nothing exciting in there just one main board, battery, screen with nothing upgradable- no ssd drive- no removable memory. There is no shock absorbing gel inside but the outside bumpers alone do a very good job as I have dropped my maxisys 2 times and it has survived.

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-03-24 16:01:56 (Reply to:mitch)

Thanks for that heads up Mitch. I was wondering if that would work. I'll have to do that before my updates expire.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-31 05:13:30 (Reply to:mitch)

Thanks for sharing.
  Total1 Pages